Monday, April 28, 2008

No M.D. for me, maybe for Atty?

I've decided (after more agonizing internal debate than I've ever before experienced) not to continue to pursue my degree in Medicine. It's true—not only am I not going to be a supermodel or an Olympian—I'm also not going to be a doctor. Boy was I off when I was planning this out in my childhood. For right now I'm going to be home enjoying everyday with Atticus. I couldn't stand the thought of missing so many moments with him. Hopefully Med School Dropout looks good on a resumé if I enter the workforce in a different capacity someday.


Oh and also Atticus doesn't have to get an M.D. He can pick any career he likes. I just thought he looked cute with a stethoscope around him.


Incidentally, I have a stethoscope for sale. Contact me if you're interested. : )

6 comments:

Sra said...

Dr. Atticus... I like it.

Med school is tough enough without getting family involved. So it's probably a wise decision.

Christine said...

Kirsten,
What an agonizing decision to have to make! I know a lot of thought and prayer went into it. We wish you guys all the best in everything and are 100% supportive.
P.S. I already have a basic Littman, but if it's one of those cool cardiology ones, I might be interested.

Christine said...

PS You've probably already figured this out, but just in case you haven't, parenthood is like being a supermodel/physician/Olympic athlete times 10!

natabird said...

He makes a very cute doctor. It takes guts to make a decision like that and I admire you for it.

It was so good to see you the other night and to meet Atticus. Game night inspired Michael and I to set out on a journey of playing Risk. I think I'm loosing.

Losee's said...

What a hard decision, but being a mom is the best thing you can do! By the way, my friend Traci Hamblin knows you. She was a med student with you. I love the pictures of Atticus...keep them coming!

ashley said...

Good for you. I know it's different for everyone, but I hope you find peace in your decision. You are amazing. :)

Love ya,
ash