Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Atticus turned Ten Months Old

We had a delightful, busy holiday season that we're still recovering from.  Who knows if I'll ever get caught up on dishes and laundry.  Some of the highlights of our celebrations were:
  • picking out our Christmas tree and decorating our home
  • playing in the snow--Atty wore his awesome snowsuit, sometimes happily, sometimes not
  • watching Atticus play with the tree ornaments and the presents (some gifts had to be re-wrapped)
  • making gingerbread houses
  • swimming with the Davies family
  • playing with cousins
  • acting out the Christmas story with the Bradleys (James was a shepherd, Atticus a sheep dog, and I was Mary)
  • eating our Christmas breakfast fondue (among many other delicious holiday meals)
  • enjoying Atty's new toys


Also, Atticus turned ten months old on Christmas Eve.  Our little boy is turning into such a clever, happy, and active person.  It's a little sad, though fun and exciting, to think that he'll turn a year old next month.  His stats and skills of late include:
  • weighing in at about 21 pounds
  • standing up and cruising around furniture
  • walking while pushing his new push toys
  • near constant babbling
  • still wanting to be held and cuddle a lot
  • hiding toys in various cupboards and drawers throughout the condo, which he delights in finding later

3 comments:

Sra said...

I once knew a cat that liked to hide things so she could find them later.

My word verification is "comentr". How apropos!

Elizabeth said...

I love that he "delights" in finding toys that he has hidden. That is just the cutest imagery.

Christine said...

I'm so glad Atticus enjoyed his first Christmas. He looks so cute as a little puppy.