Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday Boy

Atticus turned two last week and he's been thrilled about the experience ever since. Every time he talks to someone on the phone he wants to sing them Happy Birthday (he got serenaded by several phone callers on his big day), and he periodically asks me if there are any more presents to open.

On his big day we visited his birthday buddy, Great-Grandpa Bradley, who is always very sweet to Atticus.

Then we went to Jungle Jim's Playland. Atticus was terrified of the rides.

Violet liked them.

Luckily, Atty at least enjoyed the arcade games (seen here retrieving a ball from a Skee-ball toss that was WAY off).

He especially enjoyed collecting tickets and turning them in for prizes.

His favorite present was a new train set.

On Saturday we had a train themed birthday party for Atticus. He helped me clean the dishes when I made the cupcakes.

Violet flirted with all the party guests--but especially favored the grandpas.

The kids made a project with foam stickers,

everybody chowed down,

and we had raspberry and oreo frosting topped chocolate cupcakes.

James made the train cake toppers.

And the kids enjoyed the party decorations for days afterward.

Oh, and Violet is adorable.

2 comments:

Elise and Cameron said...

Hard to believe he is already 2 years old! He is so cute, as is Violet, and I love staying updated by reading your blog since I can't see them in person. Happy Birthday Atticus!

MelanieB said...

I love Jungle Gym. Looks like everyone had fun. Fancy cupcakes.