Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dear Mother Nature,

I'm sorry.  I've tried to practice good environmental habits: to conserve, to recycle, and to turn the lights off when we don't need them.  Having a child has changed things.  

It started with all the disposable items.  We still go through diapers and wipes  like crazy.  Then came the food waste.  Ever since Atticus started to learn how to feed himself, he's found great joy in playing with and tossing off the high chair (but not actually eating) many a meal.

And now, Atticus has learned how to flush the toilets.  I think he's wasted about 50 gallons of water today.  I'm trying to teach him, I promise, but in the mean time, I'm sorry.  

Sincerely, 

Kirsten 

1 comment:

Katy said...

I like to think Mother Nature understands about disposable diapers and wipes. We've been locking our bathroom doors to prevent the constant toilet flushage, but Ryann has figured out how to take a penny and unlock them so...if it makes you feel better or worse, we're the same.