Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hurry up and wait

We've been trying to get everything ready for the upcoming addition to our family, so we've done plenty of cleaning and organizing and we've got our bags packed for the hospital. We've hurried up to get all these things done because babies can come early, you know, but now we're just waiting. At the end of each little project I tell the baby: "Okay, we're all ready, time to come--right now". It hasn't worked so far.

Then we make more dirty dishes and laundry, Atticus makes a mess of the condo again, and we discover more errands and projects we'd like to do. I feel a sense of urgency to get these things done, because, hey, the baby could come any time now. It's classic hurry up and wait, and my über-nesting drive is making it challenging.

I'm trying to relax about things a little. I mean, I've got a pretty good nest here, and I need to savor my last few days of not having a newborn to wake me up all night long. I'm trying to relax. But could someone just tell me exactly when I'll be giving birth, so I can clean the condo again the day before?

2 comments:

natabird said...

I think I would rather be up all night with a newborn than in those last few weeks of pregnancy. I hope little girl Davies comes soon. I'll be thinking about you.

Melanie said...

Good luck you guys! We hope all goes well with the delivery. Can't wait to see pictures!