born August 6, 2009 at 3:19 pm
8 lbs. 6.5 oz.
21 inches
8 lbs. 6.5 oz.
21 inches
Violet was starting to get a little stressed in the womb, but wasn't in any hurry to get out, so labor was induced on Thursday (4 days after her due date) at 11am. Things progressed smoothly and quickly and Kirsten labored really well and without any medication. At 3pm she told the nurse she felt like she needed to push. The nurse checked her and said we had a way to go yet, so she had her get up and walk. Kirsten again said it felt like time, so at 3:03pm, the nurse checked her again, and there was the baby on her way out. The nurse quickly paged the doctor and sat on the end of the bed ready to "catch" the baby just in case. The doctor came in time and after two hard pushes Violet was born at 3:19pm.
She has lots of golden reddish-brown hair and is very sweet and mellow. Her two best skills are eating and snuggling.
She has lots of golden reddish-brown hair and is very sweet and mellow. Her two best skills are eating and snuggling.
Violet is well loved by her dad, her mom, her big brother, and her cousins to name a few. It seems like everybody who has met her so far thinks she is just great.
We brought her home from the hospital yesterday and everybody is tired but doing well.



16 comments:
I'm glad she finally came! Congrats! Props to you on doing it with no medication. She is such a cutie--she doesn't even look like a newborn!
Congrats! She is so precious!
She's beautiful! Congrats!!
Hip,hip, hurray! Congrats! She's darling. Hope you rest and recover well...now you've got two to enjoy.
So crazy that we had babies a day apart from each other-we couldn't of planned it! :) Violet is beautiful-all that pretty hair! Congrats! For sure when we move back Eden and Violet will have to great pals!
She is so beautiful! I think she looks like you, Kirsten. I wish I could see her in person! Maybe someday soon we can visit again. Congratulations to you and James and Atticus!
Yay!! Congrats on doing such a great job making such a beautiful baby! She is just precious. And, extra points for being so patient! She was worth the wait, I'm sure. Can't wait for Violet, Lucy and Hazel to be "wicked" friends: the second generation. ;) Lots of love to the new and improved Bradley's!
She looks so great! Now go take a nap!!!
Congratulations!
I'm glad she made it!! I am so jelous of the beautiful hair...we don't make ours with hair. You look great and I can't wait to see her!
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful little girl!!!! I think she and Atticus look very much alike. He's a doll, so that is a good thing, she will be too!
Kirsten, you look beautiful and James, and Atticus look like they are pleased as punch that Violet has arrived.
Wishing you much rest, and a quick recovery.
Sending Love & hugs,
Aunt Linda
We love the pictures on your blog. Violet is so cute and Atti looks so happy. We're glad that everything went so well. We love you,
Grandma, Laine, and Eve
Way to go! She is so cute and looks so much like Atticus to me. I hope everything is going well.
She is so super cute! She really looks like she belongs! Congrats...I'm glad that everything went well!
Good job Kirsten. She is beautiful.
Congratulations! She's beautiful!
Post a Comment