Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"A full night's rest"


Can I ask you all to please remind me about how much trouble I have with baby-induced sleep deprivation next August when Violet turns one and I feel like I'm missing having a little baby around?

I'm tired. Since I couldn't sleep through the night through most of the pregnancy, I'm going on over a year of restless nights here. We're trying to get Violet to have some rice cereal before bed now so her tummy will feel fuller and maybe she'll sleep longer, but so far she thinks it's not very appetizing.

In the light of day, I'm pretty sure she's worth it, but we'll see how tonight goes.


6 comments:

Sra said...

Good luck. I guess I shouldn't complain about my new early (for me) school schedule. A year's worth of sleep deprivation is tres no bueno.

mostly Stacy said...

night after night of disturbed sleep/no sleep. That's miserable. It has to happen someday, right?

Allison Box said...

I can totally relate. Ryan didn't sleep "long" stretches or through the night for a long time. At times I thought I would lose my mind. But I have quickly forgotten what it was like, although that was the hardest part of having a baby for me. Best of luck! I just tried to take naps, but I don't know how that works with another child around.

Elise and Cameron said...

At around 5 months we made Damon cry it out, but since he was still sleeping in our room, that meant that we(mostly me. Cameron went downstairs to the couch. Lucky) had to listen to him scream for hours on end. Luckily it only took 3 nights, and then he has been a pretty good sleeper ever since. Good Luck! I miss you!

MelanieB said...

I feel for you. I've been there and it stinks. It won't be too much longer before she sticks it through the night, I'm sure...well, I hope.

Marshell said...

Wishing you Sweet Dreams my friend. And you know she's well worth the work. :)