Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Violet is One!

It's true. My sweet baby is already one year old. She is lively, fun, and loving. And she's starting to do so many fun tricks--like walking and talking and waving and blowing kisses. She adores Atticus and is adventurous and independent. She also loves to be with her parents and mimic everything we do too. We're so glad we have her in our family.

Violet's birthday turned into a weekend of celebrations. We started the special day off with a hike and a picnic.


Then came the moment Atticus had been anxiously awaiting--present opening. He eagerly helped Violet get them all open and test them out.



We had a party for Violet at the park the following Monday. She was head of the table. She enjoyed the party, the food, the presents, and the park, but not so much the cake.


Here she is, eying the cake warily. Basically she didn't want to have anything to do with it. And when James tried to make her taste it, she screamed until we finally rescued her from her high chair.


I had to try again the next day. I figured if I did it when she wasn't too full, she might actually give it a shot. She did. And she loved it. I promise I won't force sweets upon her again. I just wanted her to like her birthday cake. ; )

2 comments:

Sra said...

Is that the Lake Catherine trail?

Kirsten said...

Good eye Sra. Seriously, good eye.