

James got his baby chickens. Four of them: Andromeda, Iris, Kalliope, and Xenia. He introduced them to Cleo last night and she is still happily sitting on them this morning. It looks like she's going to be their adopted mom. There is still a chance they will be rejected and James will be taking care of the chicks with a heat lamp in the garage until they get big enough to join the flock. Right now though, things are looking good for the little family. Atticus and Violet love the little critters. I'll have to get some pictures of them holding them when Cleo lets us near them. James is planning to build a special hangout box for the chicks today so they can go in there to be away from the other ladies when they are big enough to be on their own a little. This is supposed to protect them from potential harassment by Daphne and Pandora.
So yep, Cleo beat me to the punch.
1 comment:
You are too funny! I have a gift for you for baby boy. I will try and get it to you soon! Good luck with everything... I hope he comes soon!!
Post a Comment