Friday, July 15, 2011

The good, the bad, the ugly, and the breathtakingly wonderful



Felix's newborn days are passing quickly. He's now seven weeks old. This is such an intense incredible period of life for our sweet baby (and for his parents and siblings) because of all of the change, adjustment, and growth. We've been way too busy for these seven weeks. We have had tons of commitments with family visiting, and with James's parents leaving for their mission for in Germany for the next 18 months, plus trying to get used to our new "normal".

It's been good at moments: playing outside with the kids and spending time with our loved ones.


It's also been bad: two words--sleep deprivation. And there have been ugly moments: Atticus wanted to be the baby again and well, pooped his pants a lot, and worse yet, Violet took to biting Felix. I think she liked the big reaction she got when he started wailing.

Through it all, there are the moments that are worth it. I'll always remember holding Felix in my arms for the first time. I love seeing the kids fawn over him. I love snuggling with him. I love seeing how much the kids have grown up since they were newborns. Last week we had a wonderful moment as James gave Felix a sweet and wonderful blessing at church. And best yet, Felix is smiling now. And cooing. Oh, and have you seen his cheeks?

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Those blessing pictures are too cute! Isn't it great that the good moments always outshine the terrible?