Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Atticus is seven months old



I'm glad we've made it through seven months of parenting alive.  I'm even more pleased that Atticus has survived with us as his parents.  And that he's pretty cute too.  At seven months old he:
  • Weighs about 20 pounds
  • Sits up on his own--and loves playing that way
  • Eats plenty of solid foods and enjoys almost all of them (just not the meat so far)
  • Gets around by rolling, scooching backward, and using a semi-somersault method which involves forward momentum from a sitting position
  • Reaches out to people when he wants to be held
  • Enjoys playing with all kinds of things, especially if they aren't toys (boxes, bowls, and empty plastic bottles are a big hit)
  • Has a new favorite song: B-I-N-G-O (thanks to Daddy)
  • Is a smiley and giggly boy
  • Is in constant motion and especially loves slapping/patting/splashing/drumming
  • Prefers Mommy be within a 12 inch radius from him at all times

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love the monthly update. Keep 'em coming. Who did you guys end up picking as Atticus's pediatrician?

Anonymous said...

What a cute boy! Get used to the 12 inch rule. that seems to last for a while. And sometimes 12 inches is not close enough! Enjoy it!

-Marshell

Sra said...

He looks older, too. What a bright-eyed boy.

Nikki said...

Yuck. I don't blame him for not liking the meat. Have YOU tried it? It's not good. at all.

Allison Box said...

He is so darn cute! 20 pounds! That is great.